This is why...

...I'll never be a successful blogger, in all honesty. I haven't published anything here since, according to my dashboard, November 5th. Honestly, I'm not surprised at all. I mean, really, I'm probably the most routine-challenged individual alive.

Do you know how long it took me to get into the habit of having a morning routine for those days that I have school? No? Well, you're not the only one; I don't know either, which, by my reckoning proves that it was a long time. Even then, I don't maintain that routine when I don't have to do something that day. All pretenses of actually caring about hygiene or regular bathing generally fly right out the window the minute I have a day off. This, by the way, is why I absolutely hate it when people come over to hang out when I'm not prepared. Aside from being fairly rude - I have to interrupt my movie for an hour or more while you blather needlessly about whatever you feel like blathering about - when you arrive without warning, I also hate being taken off guard.

A great example of this hatred for being taken off guard is my sophomore, Richard. In all honesty I'm not particularly fond of him - he's really creepy, even if I, personally, have little to fear from his particular brand of creepy, since he's apparently gay (in other cases, I might use his age as a point of argument, saying he's not old enough to really know, but, well, the label kind of fits him, as horrible as that sounds). Moving on to the point, he's one of those people who hugs everyone. Aside from the fact that this makes him somewhat of a biohazard in the event that he hugs someone with a communicable disease, it also makes him a hazard to my health in the parameters that he does not always announce his presence when he chooses to hug you. If you've ever put magnesium in water, you've seen my reaction to receiving an unexpected hug.  Really, you'd think the boy would learn, eventually, that if it's not a hug on my terms, it qualifies as an attack on my person, and will be received as such.

So, you may be wondering what I've been up to in the past twenty-two days. Aside from the relatively obvious school stuff - consisting of trying (and failing through no fault of my own) to set up things for my senior project, and missing as little school as possible to avoid making up P.E. - I've been trying to work on my novel as much as possible, but, that hasn't been working as well as I feel it should have. Actually, since I missed school on Monday, I've had an entire week of free time - thanks to a cold spell that froze over the town on Tuesday and convinced the powers that be to cancel school on Wednesday, too - and I've done nothing with it. Really, I had ambitions for this weekend, but, hey, it's Saturday night, and I've done almost nothing but watch movies the whole time.  So that you might understand this better, I've prepared a few Venn diagrams.

The Truth of My Weekend

My Mental Image of My Weekend (Five Days Old) 

As you can see, the reality of my actions this weekend include a lot of things I didn't intend to do. I did not intend to watch something like 5 movies in two days, sleep until noon four out of the last five days, or work on   filling out this meme for the main character of my novel instead of writing my novel. I did, however, intend to draw a ton of stuff, surpass the 100,000 word mark on my novel (I'm at 91,000 words at the moment. If I really rally today, I could, conceivably, actually accomplish this one), and spend my days doing constructive things. You know, I'm really funny sometimes. Ha Ha. 

I suppose I should just be happy my weekend doesn't look like this: 


No comments:

Post a Comment